This allows you to create services that allow the customer to choose routes, i.e. Departure and Destination fields. To enable this, head on to the Places page.
Click “Create new” to launch the “New service based location” dialog. This allows you to connect a service with places and define how you want it to behave in terms of cost. First select a service to proceed. The options that follow depend greatly on whether or not the service itself supports setting a cost.
i. Cost does not apply
· This means, while customer will be able to select a route, there are no costs attached. This is also the default if the service itself is a free one and does not support cost.
ii. Enable cost by location
· This means, you are going to add predefined locations and set cost per location. When the customer selects a location, cost will add up to the total amount.
iii. Enable cost by distance
· This means cost will be calculated by the distance between departure and destination.
Next click Create. You can now begin setting up the departure and destination fields.
1. Click the Add new button to add one or more places and is an optional setting. Keep in mind that when you add a new place, the departure/destination field displayed in the front-end will use a dropdown list containing each place you create. This allows you to force your customer into making a choice from one of these predefined locations. If no place is added, a textbox is used. After adding a place, you will be able to edit or delete it from the list in the right pane, below the map. Here you will also be able to organize the order by simple drag and drop.
2. Next set a Field label. This is the text you will see on the departure/destination field.
3. If you did not choose “Enable cost by distance” in the “New service based location” dialog, you will also be able to exclude the destination field. To do this, you will need to go in the Destination tab and uncheck the “Enabled” field.
your customers to create waypoints en route to their destination. To enable
this feature, check “Enable adding one or more waypoints” field. This will
display an add button for waypoints in the front-end. Your customers will be
able to add up to 23 waypoints. Google restricts the number of waypoints to 23
This is the default location displayed on the map. Choose a location that is within your service area.
The general settings allow you some control on how the map looks and the various options displayed on the map. Check the fields that make sense for the service you plan to offer.
From the Places page, you can create departure and destination fields. This is done by selecting the service (The booking form) to which you want to connect with places, where after selecting the booking date and time, they will be further presented with fields that ask the departure and destination locations.
Aggregate cost page will be available to you if you selected: "Cost depends on predefined departure and destination combo", when creating the place.
page will produce a cross match list of all your departure locations with those
of destination. You simply need to add the cost for each combination and also
optionally you will be able to exclude one or more combinations if you do not
want to make these available.