The Settings - Google Calendar page is where you can setup and manage synchronization with Google Calendar.
In order to authorize requests to the Google Calendar API, you need to generate the Client ID and Client Secret keys from google. Please follow these steps:
1. Go to the Google Developers Console: https://console.developers.google.com/
2. Select a project, or create a new one.
3. In the upper left part of the page, you should see a navigation menu, click it. It will slide down.
4. Next, click APIs & Services -> Library. In the list of APIs look for Calendar API and make sure it is enabled.
5. Click the same menu, you clicked in step 3. This time select APIs & Services -> Credentials.
6. Go to OAuth consent screen tab and give a name to the product, then click Save.
7. Go to Credentials tab and in New credentials drop-down menu select OAuth client ID.
8. Select Web application and create your project's OAuth 2.0 credentials by providing the necessary information. For Authorized redirect URIs enter the Redirect URI found in Calendarista's Settings -> Google Calendar page. Click Create.
9. In the popup window that appears, note the Client ID and Client secret.
10. Add both the Client ID and Client Secret in Calendarista and Create the profile.
11. Authorize the profile.
Now in Calendarista, you should be seeing your calendars listed in the "Google Calendars" field.
Please note that the above steps are important, specifically step 4. The Client ID and Client Secret keys generated must have the necessary authorization requests to the Google Calendar API.
Data will be synched two-way. What this means is when an appointment is made on your website, it will be synched with the associated Google Calendar as well. And if you create a new appointment in Google Calendar, this will be synched back to Calendarista and will reflect on the respective service/availability.
Warning: When creating an appointment from Google Calendar, you must create the appointment exactly as your service mode. For example, if the service mode is "Single day and time", then select a single day and time.
Do not select a time range in this case i.e. if the appointment time is to be on 06/11/2019 11:00, then the correct event date and time is : 06/11/2019 11:00 - 11:00. An example of the wrong event date and time would be : 06/11/2019 11:00 - 11:30.
The same rule applies for other service modes. When a sync fails, this will be recorded in the plugins "Settings - Error log" page. Most of the failure will be due to mistakes as stated in the warning above.